Monday, June 21, 2010
Please pray for the following matters
- The Louderbacks as they are getting settled in their new home.
- Our new friends Carlos and Marielos
- New small groups
- Our health (Preston is sick)
- Meeting I have with Panama Baptist Seminary on Friday. Plans for next term.
- Reaching the Middle Class of Panama City
- John Robert as he travels and visits in the USA
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Over the past several weeks, I have been prayer walking the city of Panama. I have completed about 15% of the city. Through this time, with God, lifting up the areas that I have been walking through, He has shown me so much. In the city there is very little, if any at all, Evangelical presence. There are 100s of thousands of people that are in need of the truth of the Gospel. Please be in prayer with me as God reveals how the UP Team (Urban Panama Team) is to reach so many people in a very short period of time (2 years).
The door is starting to open. We are talking with three different couples about having Bible studies in their homes. Please pray that they will be receptive and bold.
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Please join with us as we pray for:
1. The Pastor at First Baptist Church Panama - We visited with First Baptist Church Panama this past Sunday. The Pastor shared that he wanted to work with us as we start churches in the city.
2. A couple from North Carolina that have just moved here - They believe that the Lord is leading them to start a church in an area that has very little work going on.
3. Panama Baptist Seminary
4. Revival this weekend for young people led by Panamanian young people.
5. The Louderbacks as they move to Panama - They are on the Urban Team Panama with us. They leave Costa Rica 19 June.
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
We have now been in Panama for well over a month. We are adjusting to the HEAT and TRAFFIC which are both unlike anything we have ever experienced. We are now settled into our home, and are excited about what God has ahead for us here in Panama. We have been busy meeting people and learning about the City of Panama. As we prayer walk the city streets, we are observing the lack of evangelical churches in this city of over a million people. It is evident that these people need Jesus. Please join us in praying for the city. Pray that we will find people of peace as we seek to transform the city for Jesus Christ.
The kids have all been accepted into Crossroads Christian Academy and will be starting there in August. They are anxious to become involved and start making friends here.