Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The People You Run Into

Last night the family went shopping for last minute Christmas gifts. We were at Target in the dollar area (family and friends don't worry we were not buying your gifts in that section) when Preston struck up a conversation with an older man. The man was 86 years old and a retired Southern Baptist pastor. He is a graduate of New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary. When I told him I was also a graduate of NOBTS, he began asking me if I knew people that he went to school with in the 40s. He also was a pastor in New Orleans for 8 years in some of the areas that I have ministered in over the years. I really enjoyed talking to this man of God. I shared with him about going on the Mission Field to Costa Rica. He and his wife said that they would pray for us. They took down our information. It truly feels special that a couple that have had such an amazing life in the Lord will be praying for us.

No comments: