Wednesday, September 10, 2008

One More for the Trip

Jeff Fields and I have been planning to take a trip to Costa Rica for about a month.  We are excited and looking forward to the opportunity to go.  I ran into Gerry Davis a long time friend that is the Director of Outreach at First Baptist Church in Enterprise.  God had put him on my heart several weeks ago about going on the trip.  When I saw him on Sunday at lunch I asked if he would like to go to Costa Rica in October.  He called me back on Tuesday to tell me that he could go.  I got his airline ticket right after I got off the phone.  The ticket was $10 less then the tickets I had bought earlier.  
I worked for Gerry back in High School, College and when Charlotte and I first got married.  He and I have spent many hours together.  I am really looking forward to this time with him.  One of my favorite memories of Gerry was when work was overwhelming and we showed up to work early on a Friday morning.  He came out with his surfboard and said, "Lets go to the beach!"  So we loaded up and went to Panama City Beach for the day.  We entered a beach volleyball tournament and finished 2nd to last, but it was fun.  
This Saturday I am going to have to do something that I hate with every fiber of my body.  We are having a YARD SALE.  I am not looking forward to this at all.  We started getting things together today.  If you like a good deal on junk come on out.  People call me crazy! I am crazy for the deals I will be making on Saturday morning!

No comments: