Monday, September 8, 2008

We have been endorsed by the IMB Trustees!

Tonight, we found out that we have been endorsed by the International Mission Board Trustees to be missionaries to Costa Rica.  This is a major milestone on our journey to Costa Rica.  They told us to stay close to our phone in case they had any questions to be answered for the Trustees.  John Robert had a football game at the same time.  I went to the game with the phone in my pocket and my hand on the phone, so when it rang I could answer it.  At the start of half time the music was real loud.  Charlotte leaned over and said, "I hope they don't call right now." Before she could get "now" out of her mouth the phone rang.  It was Bob Dilks with the good news.  I ran to a far corner of the stadium and answered the call.  Bob's last words to me was, "See you at the Appointment service in Houston."

John Robert did win the game 32-0. GO CATS!  

1 comment:

Pastor Rob said...

YEAH GOD!!!!!! We are very happy for you. We also received a call last night. We have been accepted pending medical clearance...so a PTL and a prayer request!

God bless,
Rob and Gerda