Thursday, October 9, 2008

Prayer time for trip to Costa Rica

This morning I met with Gerry Davis and Jeff Fields. We had a prayer time for our trip to Costa Rica. We will be leaving in 18 days for a 7 day trip. I know this trip will be a great one because of what God is doing in our lives before we even leave. I also can't wait to see where Charlotte, the kids and I will be living and the work that we will be doing in San Jose, Costa Rica.

This Sunday evening I have the honor of being a part of the ordination of a good friend of mine, Slade Stinson. Slade will be ordained at First Baptist Church New Brockton. I will be presiding over the ordination council and preaching the ordination sermon. Slade and I have know each other since we were in first grade. He has always been a good friend. The ordination council will be at 4:00 pm and the service will be at 6:00 pm. I believe the service will be a time of revival because of what God has done in Slade's life. I want to encourage everyone to come and be at this very special service.

No comments: