Saturday, October 18, 2008

What a WEEK!

Many things have happened since my last blog. My last Sunday at the Church on the Circle was last week. It was a very sad time as we said good-bye to all of our friends at the church. I know that God has great things ahead for everyone. We all must continue to seek God and be true to His will. Everyone at the Church has been, and will continue to be, a true blessing to Charlotte and me. Parrish and Holly had the church over to their house for a farewell lunch. We had a great time of fellowship.

Last Sunday night we had a great time at the ordination service for Slade Stinson at First Baptist Church of New Brockton. I believe that God is going to use Slade in a great and mighty way. I am so excited about what God is doing in Slade's life. I had the honor of preaching the ordination service. I went back to my old style of preaching. I had to - I was wearing a suit and a tie!

Last Saturday my lap-top crashed. No, I did not back up my files. All the work that I have done for the past 10 years is gone. On the positive side, I was able to get it fixed at the Apple store in Nashville. Apple took the MacBook, put a new hard drive in it and fixed the case all for free. I am a true believer in MAC. If you don't have a MAC you need to get one. It will change your life.

We have moved to Nashville to live with my parents until the end of the year. The kids will be able to go to school for nine weeks and they will get to see my parents before the big move. I have somewhere to preach until January allmost every Sunday. God is so good. We did not have a lot to move but it was one of our hardest moves. We loaded a U-haul trailor and the Expedition down. We could not fit another thing in either one of them. Wednesday was the day we drove up to Nashville. We unloaded on Thursday.

In Janaury we will move to Brewton, AL to spend time with Charlotte's parents. God has blessed Charlotte and me with good parents that are helping us during this time of transition. I believe that this time between Church on the Circle and the time we will go to Richmond for orientation will be a hard time of limbo. Pray for us as we are going through this time of adjustments.

It seems that our lives have been turned upside down. This is only the beginning. We will be going through much more change. I believe that God is using friends to help us get through it. On Thrusday Tommy and Robin Johnson came to Nashville to see Brent, their son, perform with his band "The Springs". We were able to spend about an hour and half with them. Today, Craig Lewis also from Enterprise, came to visit. We had dinner with him at my parents' home. It was a fun time.

I should be back into a regular rotinue of posting. Sorry for the time off. Pray for me tomorrow as I preach at Temple Baptist Church in White House, TN. I will be wearing a suit and a tie!

No comments: